Sleek Highlighting Palette - Solstice

19:31




Sleek is one of those brands which just isn't given the attention it deserves. It's affordable, it has beautiful packaging, and the products are always of such amazing quality. When this highlighting palette first came out, I saw it on display in a store and I immediately knew I had to get my hands on it. Recently, highlights have been all the hype; there's just something about having your face glow that makes you feel more confident.

The packaging is beautiful; it comes in a gold rectangular box which is very simple yet very elegant. It also comes with a large mirror which is always brilliant. It includes a brush too but I have never personally used this as I prefer to use other brushes. On the Sleek website it is available at 12.49 which I think is an incredible price for four different highlighters of such amazing quality. This palette comes with four different highlighting shades, but they are each meant to be used for different areas on the face. 




The first shade, Ecliptic, is the only cream shade in the palette. It is a light pinkish shade with a slight shimmer, and it is meant to be used across your brow bone. I personally prefer using this with my fingertips as I feel like I have full control of the product. I always find it somewhat difficult to find a highlight which really shows across my brow bone, however this really does give a beautiful effect.

The second shade (and my personal favourite), is Hemisphere. This is the shade which is supposed to be used on top of your cheekbones; so in my opinion, it is the most important one. It is a powder shade, and it is much more pink and more shimmery than the first shade. I find that this is best used with a brush; I use the Zoeva 127 - Luxe Sheer Cheek brush and I love the effect which it gives. I only have to swipe the brush in the highlight once and just swipe it over the top of my cheekbones, and the result is beyond amazing. This highlighter is like nothing I've ever seen before - I'm not even exaggerating. I cannot explain to you how beautiful it is, you just need to see for yourselves!

The next shade is Subsolar, and this is meant to be used on the bridge of your nose. This is also a powder shade and it has a cream/white colour. It is not as pigmented as the rest of the shades but I think it is perfect for it's use. It gives off a very natural and subtle glow, which is what I want on the bridge of my nose as I don't want it to be too shiny. I use the same Zoeva 127 brush to apply this and I find that it works very well.

The last shade is called Equinox, which is also a powder shade. This is more of a peach colour and it is meant to be used on your cupid's bow. This shade is very pigmented and the texture is similar to Hemisphere. It is such a beautiful colour, although you don't get to see much of it since it is only used in such a small area of the face. I prefer to use this with my finger as I feel that it gives off more pigment, however it can definitely be used with a brush too.


Left to Right: Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Subsolar, Equinox 
Obviously, you don't have to follow the instructions and you can use the shades however and wherever you like. Until now, I have only used them as they are 'meant' to be used, but I would love to try and experiment with using different shades in different areas on the face. I think that Equinox will be a beautiful highlighter for above the cheekbones, especially if you have a tan.

Overall, I think this palette is brilliant. It has such a wide variety of options (in both shades and texture), and they are all made so well. It is not expensive and it would be perfect for someone who is just starting out with using highlight as it guides you and tells you which way it is used best. I would highly recommend that you get your hands on this palette as soon as possible, because you definitely won't regret it. I would also recommend that you check out other Sleek products if you have never heard of them as they won't let you down!


xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a lovely, detailed post. This is so hard to get my hands on though! I love your blog and am a new follower.

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They have it in Boots if you're in the UK, and I'm pretty sure their website delivers too :) X

      Delete