Lipstick & Lip Liner Haul | Stone, Dolce K, Glastonberry

18:00


Recently I've purchased three lipsticks which I have been wanting for absolutely ages, and I also got three lip liners to go along with them! The lipsticks I'm going to be speaking about are MAC's Stone, Kylie Jenner's Dolce K, and Charlotte Tilbury's Glastonberry. I had never managed to get my hands on these before simply because no city I visited seemed to have any Charlotte Tilbury products, Stone was always sold out at the MAC store in my country, and everyone knows how hard it is to get hold of one of Kylie's lip kits! But after much patience, they are finally all mine and I couldn't be happier.


Although I've loved MAC's Stone from the second I saw it, it is quite a bold colour especially on such pale skin, and I was hesitant to buy it at first. However I then saw Sophie Foster wearing it in one of her videos and I thought she looked amazing with it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Since it is quite a particular shade, I decided to buy the Stone lip liner as well. I don't usually buy MAC lip liners as they are quite expensive, and I feel like you can usually get much cheaper dupes for most shades, but I am very glad that I picked this one up. 

The lip liner is very easy to apply and it could definitely be used for many other lipstick shades. The lipstick Stone is in a matte formula which is my personal favourite from MAC. It is not drying on the lips and it also applies easily even though it is matte. I would say the colour is like a muted brown shade and it would look amazing on any skin tone. I think that if you are more pale it will look a bit more 'out there' but I think it looks gorgeous either way. This has definitely become one of my favourite lipsticks and I find myself reaching for it every time I go out (especially at night).


There are probably about a million other reviews on this liquid lipstick but hey, here's another one! I clearly gave into the hype and somehow managed to be quick enough to get myself one of Kylie's lip kits. I opted for Dolce K because I have been obsessed with nude lipsticks lately, and I prefer brown-toned shades rather than pink-toned shades. I have heard many people saying that these lip kits are overpriced, but I think that is completely untrue. I paid 32 euros for the lip kit including shipping (I split the shipping with my friend so it came a bit cheaper). Considering that they are very good quality products and you get both a lipstick and a lip liner, I think that the price is very worth it. 

The lip liner is definitely one of the best I have ever tried. It is incredibly easy to apply as it has a very smooth formula, and it is also very long lasting. This liquid lipstick is the first one I ever tried, so there isn't really much that I can compare it to. However I do think that it is of great quality. It dries after about one minute and it does not dry out my lips at all. It is not patchy and it almost feels as though I am wearing nothing on my lips. I did find that it faded quite a lot after I went out for meals; however it is very long lasting when I go out to places that don't include eating (even after spending a whole night out in clubs, bars etc.) However, the lip liner did not fade even after a whole meal.


The last lipstick is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in the shade Glastonberry. This is the lipstick which I have been wanting the longest and sadly, I was slightly disappointed by it. I also purchased a Sleek Eau La La lip liner in the shade Raisin and even though it is obviously not the perfect match, I feel like it still goes well with the lipstick. The lip liner is 6.49 euros on the Sleek website which I think is very affordable. It is a beautiful dark purple shade and it is very pigmented. It is also easy to apply as the product is quite smooth. 

I have wanted the lipstick Glastonberry ever since Zoella started wearing it and raving about it (it looks amazing on her). It is a beautiful shade and I still absolutely love it, however I did find it slightly difficult to apply. I had to apply multiple amounts of layers for my lips to look good, and it still looked slightly patchy on the lower lip. This could be because it is such a dark colour but I don't usually have this problem. It is £23 which is not cheap, and I would expect amazing quality once I am paying that amount of money. I cannot say whether both the lipstick and the lip liner are long lasting or not as I haven't got the chance to actually wear them out yet. I definitely will be wearing it sometime soon and I do still love the way it looks as the colour is absolutely beautiful, however I must say I was slightly disappointed!




xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments