2016

13:34


It's crazy to think that it's already 2016, especially since to me it still feels like 2009 was just two years ago. It's a new year, so naturally everyone is going to try improve their lives in every way possible. This is very hard for me to do considering the fact that January is one of the most stressful months of the year, full of exams and assignments that I'm struggling to keep up with. But hey, I'm doing the best I can.

This year I wanted to set myself a few realistic goals which I can hopefully keep up throughout the whole year, and even for my whole life. One of my biggest flaws is that I am the queen of procrastination. I've come to realise that this has an effect on every aspect of my life; whether it's university, friendships, my health and basically everything else you could think of. I am the type of person who could spend a week locked up alone in my room and be completely fine with it. And although this is my personality, it is not entirely healthy to do so and I sometimes end up feeling like I'm wasting my life away. So my main aim this year is to do more. Yes, this is a very vague statement but I've also set myself little individual goals to help myself be more productive.

1. Be healthier

This is probably the one that I want to work on the most. I've never really been the type of person to take notice of what I eat, I've never been to the gym and I just don't give my body the attention that it needs. I don't plan on eating salads every day and working out at 7am each morning, because that's very unrealistic for me and frankly I don't have the time or energy to do so. However, what I want to do is to be more careful with my meals in general, and not just eat anything I want whenever I want it. Also, I am trying very hard to keep hydrated - and I'm doing well so far! I have a bad habit of barely drinking any water all day so I'm doing my best to drink 2 litres every day because it is so good for you (it's hard but it's doable). Finally, I want to go walking regularly. I am very lucky to live right near the promenade where there's an amazing view of the sea but I don't take advantage of it.

2. Work harder

This is mainly related to University, seeing as I am now in my second year and things are getting more serious and much harder. I somehow need to find the motivation to do my best throughout the whole scholastic year, not just during exam month. I definitely need to read more books, especially since English is one of my main subjects. Apart from University, I also want to find more time for this blog and try to get more involved in the blogging community.

3. Travel more

For me, travelling to different countries is one of my favourite things to do. I love learning about different cultures, meeting different people, and experiencing the different ways of life in general. Lately I have been managing to go abroad about four times a year (with a lot of help from my very generous parents). I mostly tend to travel to places in the UK or Italy, because they are close to home and more 'familiar' to me in a sense. However I want to start visiting countries which are not as similar to what I am used to. Last year I had the opportunity to go to Turkey and it was one of the best experiences of my life. This year I already have two trips planned: I am travelling to Dublin in April to watch 5SOS in concert, and I am travelling to Budapest in August to attend the Sziget festival. I'm also trying my best to pay for everything myself, as I hate asking my parents for money. Somehow I have managed to save up so far and I'm definitely going to keep that up. I don't know if there will be any other trips in store for me this year, but I'm extremely excited for the ones I have planned and I already know that they're going to be incredible.

I hope this post gives someone the inspiration they were looking for to get motivated this year and set some goals for themselves. Personally, reading other people's new year's resolutions and seeing how ambitious they are has made me more excited about mine. I hope that I manage to stick to my goals and to be happy with myself and what I will achieve this year. I also hope everyone had a good time during the holidays and has a very happy new year!


xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments