London | Shopping Trip & Concert

23:26

As a girl who lives in a tiny island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, it is not everyday that I get the opportunity to attend concerts to see my favourite artists. So this year my friend and I decided to save up and go to the Summertime Ball concert in London, and it was most definitely one of the best experiences of my life. 


Obviously, being the girls that we are, we spent three days of non-stop shopping (since we also don't have as many shops and good prices where I live). Oxford Street was basically like walking in the pathway of heaven. Apart from the fact that I've always loved London and I think it's a beautiful place, which made the whole trip a million times better.



(I have a little obsession with coke bottles)

We stopped to eat lunch at a lovely italian restaurant

We also went to Westfield in Stradford which was INSANE. I literally have never experienced the term 'shop till you drop' before, but my god, I could not walk straight by the end of the day. I mostly enjoyed going to shops like MAC, Lush, Victoria's Secret etc because they're the kind of shops everyone always talks about and always praises their items, so I wanted to see for myself!


I also had a mini freak-out when I was American Apparel. I didn't buy anything because it's quite pricey, but I just wanted to go inside the store and honestly just look at their underwear. (shoutout to all 5sos fans.. you feel me)



And I obviously wasn't getting on the plane back home before I found these! I was asking around everywhere to see where I could find Tanya Burr's products, and I finally did :) I bought the lipgloss 'Picnic in the Park' and I absolutely love it!


And obviously, you cannot go to London without visiting the M&Ms Store.



On Saturday morning we woke up super early, had a really good breakfast at our hotel which we finished off with some pancakes and maple syrup. And I think it's safe to say that this was the best pancake I have ever tasted in my life.


We went to buy a few little things, and then at around 1pm we headed to Wembley Stadium (with a MacD's stop on the way). We were also very lucky cause the weather that day was AMAZING. The heat was nothing compared to where I'm from, but it was still really sunny! In fact my friend and I wore tights under our shorts, and I honestly think that everyone who saw us thought we were insane.



I was honestly quite scared that we wouldn't make it to the end of the concert, since we spent 10 hours standing, with no food and no access to the bathroom. We were right in the front of our section, so there was no way of getting out of the crowd and finding our way back to the front. But we made it! And I'm so glad we did. The atmosphere was the craziest thing I've ever witnessed. I have never been surrounded with so many people in my entire life. I got to see so many of my favourite singers up close, and hearing them perform live was just incredible. (I'd like to dedicate a whole other blog post to the photos and videos of just the concert)





 On our last day *sadface* we did some last minute shopping (and when I say "some" I mean a lot), but we took it easy and enjoyed the last few moments we had in that beautiful place. There was also some sort of event in Regent Street, where they were putting loads of old busses on display and it was just really interesting and I thought it was a really original idea.




 Oh and finally we stopped by Starbucks for lunch because it is just a must-do thing while in London, and also because there is a certain joy in having your name written down on a cup.

So that was basically my whole trip. I honestly enjoyed every single minute of it, and I would give anything to go back and re-live those four days again. You may think I'm weirdly in love with London, and you're right, but it is just so different than everything and everywhere I'm used to. 


xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments