My 5SOS Concert Experience

18:00

Two years ago I discovered a band called 5 Seconds of Summer, and I have basically been in love with them ever since. I love their music, their personalities, and they have brought so much happiness into my life over the past two years. When they announced their tour last year, I immediately bought a ticket for their Dublin show, and I was well prepared to go see them by myself. However, my friend then decided to come along with me even though she's not a huge fan of theirs like I am (she does like most of their songs though).

So on the day of the concert, we headed off to the arena after lunch and got there at around 4pm. We waited in line for 2 hours which was a good time in my opinion as there weren't that many people in front of us, and when we went inside we ended up next to girls who had been there for soundcheck so they had definitely been waiting for much longer than us. I wouldn't have minded going an hour or two earlier as I'm sure we would have been much closer to the barrier, but it always depends on the specific show and country you're in. My friend and I actually bought a blanket from Primark and took it with us as it was freezing. It literally hailed while we were waiting in line, and we are not used to such cold weather considering that we live in sunny Malta!

The doors opened at 6pm, and the first act came on at 7.30pm. 5SOS had two opening acts - Jessarae and Don Broco. I had never heard of either of them before but I loved them, they were both amazing! 5SOS came on at about 8.30pm and finished at about 10.30pm. Needless to say, these were probably the best two hours of my life. As I said before, we were very close to the stage so I could see them very well. I was on Michael's side which was honestly a blessing, but you can't really go wrong no matter whose side you're on! I'm also convinced that me and Luke made eye contact twice (although it's very hard to tell when you're in that situation) - but at the time it felt like he was staring into my soul.

My favourite song live was probably Jet Black Heart - it's one of my favourite songs of theirs and I love the meaning behind it. I love how they change the opening of the song when they sing it live, and obviously being on Michael's side was a bonus for this song in particular. The fan project also happened during this song, which made the atmosphere even more amazing. I also loved Outer Space and Vapor (but that's probably cause they're two of my favourite songs), and I may or may not have shed a tear during Amnesia and Beside You (it's cruel that they play them right after each other - so cruel).

By the end of the night my whole body was aching. I spent the entire concert on my tip-toes because I'm very short and I couldn't see well otherwise. There were a few people who were pushing for no reason which was a bit annoying, but I feel like this happened mostly before 5sos came on. This could also be because when 5sos were performing, I didn't care about anything else apart from them haha. After the concert finished, we went straight to the merchandise stand and I bought a t-shirt (with the concert dates at the back) and four small posters of the boys (which I'm obsessed with).

It may sound like I'm exaggerating to some people, but seeing them perform live was the best thing that has happened to me this year. I had a rough few months at the beginning of this year and I wasn't in a good place - I was unhappy and nothing could motivate me. Seeing 5SOS live was an experience that I just can't explain, and it made me so happy - not just in that moment, but even until today. Sometimes all you need is to get away from your normal life and daily routine for just a bit, and do something that makes you so unbelievably happy. So this is a reminder to people - never make fun or someone who has a great love for a band/artist, or for anything really (whether it's makeup, sports, music, art..) because that could be the source of their happiness. Now enjoy the photos..













xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments