Erasmus | Visiting Home

16:59

Being away from home can be tough sometimes. Before I left, I was worried about so many little things like living alone, dealing with the cold weather, being in a foreign country in general - but all those things haven't phased me since I've been here. The hardest part of it all is being away from the people you love, and that you're used to seeing every day for the past few years of your life. I obviously miss my friends and family a lot, but needless to say, I found it extremely hard to be away from my boyfriend for so long as we've never gone more than two weeks without seeing each other.

So my friend and I decided to book a surprise flight home and spend a few days there. It also happened to be both my mum and my dad's birthdays in the week I was there which was obviously even more special. I basically spent a few days enjoying sunny Malta and spending as much time as possible with people I hadn't seen in two months. It was obviously amazing seeing my boyfriend and getting to spend some quality time with him.

I must admit, it was a bit weird going back home though. It was weird because I now refer to my house in Coventry as my 'home', so being back in Malta felt like I was just on a short vacation. I'm curious to see what it feels like when I go back to Malta for good - I'm expecting a very bittersweet feeling but I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.







xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments