January Favourites

19:00

I honestly can't believe that January is over already. I don't think I will ever get used to the fact that time passes by so damn quick! Although this month has been a very stressful and hectic month for me (full of exams and assignments), I still managed to find some things that genuinely made me happy throughout the month. And I'm gonna share them with you, so let's get started!

Beauty:
My ultimate beauty favourite has definitely been the DIORSHOW mascara in black by Dior. I got this as a present for Christmas and I have been truly obsessed with it ever since. I had been in love with Benefit's Roller Lash for almost a year, but I must admit that I have actually found a mascara that tops it. Considering that it is Dior, it is a little pricey, but I definitely think it's worth the money. I'm trying to only use it on special occasions instead of on a daily basis, simply because I don't afford to buy it so frequently haha. This product basically has everything you could ever wish for in a mascara - it makes my lashes look ridiculously long and it literally looks like I have false lashes on. When you go to take it off, it doesn't leave your lashes feeling hard and clumpy, which is something that really annoys me with certain mascaras. It lasts for hours and it looks amazing even at the end of the day. This has without a doubt become my favourite mascara ever, and it probably will be for a long time.



Skincare:
This month I have been badly suffering with dry skin, especially on my T-zone. Every time I put on makeup, my nose ends up getting patchy and I always feel really embarrassed because it's so evident. I tried moisturizing and I was really doing well with my skincare routine, but I could barely notice any difference when it came to applying makeup. So I told my mum about it and she gave me a product which she sometimes uses when she gets dry skin, and it's pretty amazing! It is the Marks & Spencer Super Active Anti-Ageing Overnight Oil, and I apply it over my moisturizer before I go to sleep. I have definitely noticed a big difference when applying my makeup, and (although it is oil) it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. I would recommend this for anyone with dry skin, however I would also like to try some new products and see which the best one for me is, so if you have any recommendations please let me know!


TV:
My favourite series this month is a Netflix original called Jessica Jones, and it's based on the Marvel character. I watch a crazy amount of series but this one is surely one of the best I've ever seen. It is super addictive and the story is just so gripping. I also really love the main actress who is Krysten Ritter so that's always a bonus. I started this during exams which was a horrible idea because I ended up watching the whole series in three days. There is only one season for now and I think it's going to be a while until the second season comes out, which sucks, but it's worth the wait!


Music:
Last but not least is my music favourite of the month, and this is probably my favourite thing of the entire month. It is Panic! at the Disco's new album Death of a Bachelor, and it is AMAZING. A friend of mine recommended it to me and ever since then I haven't stopped listening to it. My favourite songs on the album are Hallelujah and LA Devotee, but honestly there isn't one song that I don't like. I always liked Panic! at the Disco but I was never as obsessed with their music as I am now. If you haven't heard this album, please go listen to it. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but you never know, you might love it.


That's all for my favourites of this month! I'm pretty excited for February to start because even though I'm going to be extremely busy throughout the whole month, I have some really exciting events coming up too! Let me know what your monthly favourites have been, I love discovering new things and hearing other people's opinions :)


xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments