Carnival 2016

22:21

Carnival is probably one of my favourite times of the year. I absolutely love dressing up and going all out, and in my country we celebrate in quite a fun way. Carnival in Malta basically means spending a weekend in a farmhouse in the beautiful Gozo (our sister island) with your best friends. It also means spending most of the weekend either drunk or hungover, but it's almost become a tradition now.

We went up on Friday and came back down to Malta on Sunday. On Friday night we had a party which didn't involve us dressing up - and yes, I was very disappointed about this. However, on Saturday we had an afternoon party where my friends and I dressed up as bikers, and I kid you not, I have never felt cooler in my entire life. We are all basically obsessed with the way we looked, fake nose rings and all (I apologise in advance for all the photos). We had pre-drinks at some of our other friends' farmhouse and played beer pong and lots of drinking games and all that fun stuff, and later on headed to the party which was pretty great.

Before we headed back to the ferry on Sunday, we stopped for lunch at this cute little cafe whose burgers are to die for. This cafe was technically a candy shop too, which to be honest is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. We were so lucky this year because the weather has been ridiculously sunny and just amazing in general. This made the weekend so much better since Gozo is such a beautiful island full of greenery and we could appreciate it much more with the sunny weather, and no one likes to be freezing anyway right? It was one of the best weekends of the year so far, and I'm glad I got to spend it with my best friends and my boyfriend too. It was a weekend full of love, fun, and no stress which was exactly what I needed!



 













xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments