August Favourites

16:09

Makeup:

Since I went abroad last month I had lots of new makeup to try out, but my top products are definitely MAC's Velvet Teddy lipstick, the NARS Sheerglow foundation, and Benefit's Roller Lash mascara. These three have basically been my staple items during August. I don't tend to wear much makeup in summer since it's so hot here and these three are practically all I've been using everyday.


I had been debating whether to buy Velvet Teddy or not for months, cause I didn't think it would suit my skin tone very much. Apparently I was very mistaken and it does actually suit me a lot; and I get so many compliments when I wear it! In my opinion it is the perfect nude shade to wear everyday. It is not too dark or too light and I think it would suit most skin tones. It is a matte lipstick however it certainly doesn't dry out your lips. Now I can understand why people love it so much, and why it's always out of stock!


The NARS Sheerglow foundation is another product I have been wanting for ages. I've seen so many people say how much they love this foundation, so I finally saved up and bought one. I have never found a foundation that even compares to how good this is. I have it in the shade Mont Blanc and it is the perfect colour for me. It's a high coverage foundation but it looks very natural and gives your skin a healthy looking glow. The only downside about this foundation is that it is not cheap - at all. However, it IS worth it. I'm still a student and I surely do not afford to buy this foundation on a regular basis, but thankfully it does last a very long time. Also, whenever I'm having good skin days I don't use foundation unless I'm going somewhere special because I honestly don't think I need it. And this way I'm sure my foundation will last me much longer. However I will definitely be buying another one once this bottle finishes (you can almost hear my bank account crying).


Last but not least is the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. Before I bought this, I was using the Benefit They're Real mascara. However I think I actually prefer the Roller Lash, although this depends on what type of mascara you prefer. I find that the Roller Lash really separates my lashes but still makes them look long and full. Most days I would just wear this and nothing else on my eyes, and it honestly looks amazing. I've also gotten compliments while wearing this which goes to show what a big difference it makes to your lashes!


Youtube:

The youtuber I'm speaking about this month is fabuloushannah. I actually discovered her channel quite a while ago thanks to Gabby (velvetgh0st) who mentioned her in one of her videos. Hannah is a British youtuber who mostly does videos about fashion, makeup, and lifestyle in general. She's only 17 years old which I think is incredible cause she seems so mature for her age! She has such a lovely character and I just find her videos so funny and entertaining. So make sure to go check out her channel, you won't be sorry!



TV Series:

This was a no-brainer for me, cause it is literally the only thing I have been watching since July. I had heard so many good things about this show from my friends but I never got around to starting it. Honestly one of the main reasons I wanted to watch it was the fact that Sophia Bush is one of the main characters (Sophia Bush plays Brooke Davis in One Tree Hill aka my favourite show ever). Anyway, I got hooked on this immediately and now I'm just dying for the next season to start again!


Music:

Anyone who knows me well could easily tell you what a massive fangirl I turn into whenever 5sos is mentioned. For those of you who don't know, 5sos stands for 5 Seconds of Summer, who are an Australian band made up of four guys. This month they released a bunch of new songs from their She's Kinda Hot EP and also a few from their new album 'Sounds Good Feels Good' which comes out in October.

To be fair, I love pretty much every single single song they have.. but I am obsessed with their newest ones. They seem to be leaning towards a very different sound and style than their first album, and they are so passionate about their music which makes me love it and love them a million times more. So if you haven't heard of them yet, go check them out. They might not be your cup of tea, but if they are I guarantee that you will fall in love with them (I apologise in advance if you do).




xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments